Le Mans Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum de l'alliance Le Mans Racers d'Ondarun v2, et surtout des passionnés des 24h du mans.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inOndarun 2
Le Deal du moment : -46%
Oceanic OCEAB120W Batteur électrique – ...
Voir le deal
7.51 €

i have had enough

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jul - 10:43

I have been making painfully slow but steady progress. I thought I might try to speed things up from painfully slow to boring, by buying Ondarun points. So I pay twice to get all benefits for three seasons with 1600 points. Now I have been lucky that I have not crashed or lost a car for a while. But now with my new powers of a paying member is this game, I lost my main car in one race, and crashed my other good car the next race. I wish it was trashed so I could get some insurance money.

My season is ruined, my investment in this game is wasted, and I am done here. I got to level 25 tech in what seems like forever. I have no idea how people speed this process up, and now I do not want to know now.

I do not mind working hard to succeed. I do not mind some commitment from the player. I would like the progress to be a bit better. Trashing two cars in two races is goodbye.

Goodbye all and best wishes.

David
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jul - 11:56

It's a shame to see another member go i have had enough Icon_sad Are you still going to visit us on the forum, like Nevarn?
And are you still going to the Classic? If so, it's not really a goodbye because hopefully we'll see each other i have had enough Icon_biggrin When are you arriving?

Ems i have had enough Alien
Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jul - 12:55

We will be arriving at Blue Nord about 11pm on Thursday. All being well, but it might be as later. We will be there all day Friday/Sat/Sun and leave Monday morning.

Our pitches are Z and AA place 25, cya at the weekend Smile

Its a shame about me leaving the game, but what can you do when you pay money to get 25% less chance of a crash, and get two in two races? It is not fair, and I do not need to spend any more time worrying over it.

The commitment from me was there, I spend an hour a day for however long, and I then spent my money on the game as I wanted to give something to the developers and maximise my chances of progress, and it kicked me in the nuts. Where is the commitment back? Makes me feel sick to have to rebuild it all again, be relegated, try for promotion, and my money is wasted, and the benefits (what benefit?) are lost.

I do not need that in my life.
Back to top Go down
Auto Union

Auto Union

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jul - 21:36

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Dave. Sad

I was red runner for much of my time playing ondarun, and mostly used relaxed driver orders with drivers higher level than the parts. Even that didn't stop me having at least 6-7 serious crashes in the space of 3-4 seasons, and always at the most damaging and expensive moments. It's just luck of the draw really and was something that did put me off the game a bit. I still plodded on though until I got english rank number 1, then my account got suspended when a cheater bought one of my cars for way more than it was worth and that was the final straw.
Anyway, it's a shame to see you stop when you were heading for the big time and had some money invested in your account. Perhaps you'll come back to it after Le Mans when you have cooled off a bit, who knows? Failing that there is the new version of Ondarun starting next week.

PS Ems looking forward to seeing you and your family at the weekend Very Happy

Regards,

Nevarn
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 15:22

How about meeting up on Friday afternoon, by the Audi Tower in the middle of the village?

Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 18:22

vette girl wrote:
How about meeting up on Friday afternoon, by the Audi Tower in the middle of the village?

The Village of Le Mans (the town) or the track village? I am afraid I hae never been there before and my local knowledge is small to nil

David
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:58

The track village. It's not difficult to find and the audi tower is impossible to miss!!!
Don't forget that you have to wear neat clothes if you've got paddock passes, shirt and tie, not shorts and T-shirt!!!

Back to top Go down
Auto Union

Auto Union

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 0:01

Looks like its at the circuit:

http://www.germancarblog.com/2007/06/audi-first-pictures-of-audi-tower-in-le.html

Sounds like a great idea Ems, assuming I'm not still trying to erect my tent on Friday afternoon drunken

See u there!

Nevarn
Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 11:54

Auto Union wrote:

Sounds like a great idea Ems, assuming I'm not still trying to erect my tent on Friday afternoon drunken

See u there!

Nevarn

umm, you best have the tent up if you want to sleep Thursday night !! Smile

But we should be nice and merry by then for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jojo72

Jojo72

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 14:56

Have a save journey down guys!! No speeding, lots of police around and they like taking 90€ from people. Also bring lots of water with you, it is very hot at the moment easily 35°

Will be at the Audi Tower at 4.30 on Friday i have had enough Icon_biggrin

Take care and have fun putting your tent up Nevarn! i have had enough Lol

Jo i have had enough Icon_cat

P.S. If you don't get the tent up by Sunday, don't bother i have had enough Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 15:41

Jojo72 wrote:
Have a save journey down guys!! No speeding, lots of police around and they like taking 90€ from people. Also bring lots of water with you, it is very hot at the moment easily 35°

Thank you for the advice. I went and got my plastic water bag yesterday, it holds 20Ltrs I think and has a tap on it. I am going to be cruising at 60mph (100kph) all the way, except in town of course, where I will be going much slower.

Jojo72 wrote:
Will be at the Audi Tower at 4.30 on Friday i have had enough Icon_biggrin

I hope we are too. It will be good to meet you all.

Jojo72 wrote:
Take care and have fun putting your tent up Nevarn! i have had enough Lol

I have a feeling that Nevarn might need some help. I am in two minds, as it is my tent, I know how to put it up, but then I have somewhere to sleep already Smile Nevarn is a big boy now...
Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 15:52

by the way, I had enough cash in my account to repair the two trashed cars and i have got them back in the running.

Evil or Very Mad I am still smarting over the whole thing, as I was thinking of quitting anyhow. Then I bought Ondarun points to see if I could speed things up... and well you know.

I have to decide now, to continue or quit, but I have really had quite enough of the slow slow grind. Crying or Very sad

David pale
Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 18:25

Question please:

Are you guys driving to the Le Mans village? How are you getting about?

Is the Tram any good into the town, Carefore is the place to buy food and supplies?

If you are driving, where are you parking, and what is the traffic like to drive into and out of Le Mans itself?

Questions question....
Back to top Go down
Auto Union

Auto Union

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 21:03

vette girl wrote:
The track village. It's not difficult to find and the audi tower is impossible to miss!!!
Don't forget that you have to wear neat clothes if you've got paddock passes, shirt and tie, not shorts and T-shirt!!!

Are you sure about the tie Em? Surely I'll get in with neat shirt, shorts and shoes? Shocked
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 21:54

Don't think it matters but it's better to bring one anyway, just in case you meet a jobsworth.

To answer questions, Dave:
-Yes we're driving and we'll be parked outside main entrance.

-The tram is really good and easy to access. Carrefour is really easy to get to and so is the town centre and Carrefour is a big supermarket where you can get virtually anything.

-Just get to your place and park, then use the tram to get around, it's much much easier. And with 3 of you to carry the beer, you should manage!!! i have had enough Drunken_smilie

Back to top Go down
Auto Union

Auto Union

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul - 21:42

Well, I had a fantastic weekend at the classic. Loads of awesome cars and I took more than 500 pics and several videos. Great to meet up with you Jo, Ems, Malia and family too - you are all lovely people and I'm jealous that you live so close to Le Mans! Very Happy
I will try to post some pics on the forum here if I can figure out how.

Regards,

Nevarn
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul - 13:38

Great meeting you, Dave and Richard. It was great fun and are you now coming over for the main race next year? i have had enough Icon_lol Perhaps we can meet up again i have had enough Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Jojo72

Jojo72

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul - 11:18

Glad you all got back safely and had a great time i have had enough Icon_smile

It was fun to meet up with you all, hope we can do it again some time!!!

Jo i have had enough Icon_cat
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul - 20:48

Glad to see you still playing Dave i have had enough Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Ricsop Racing

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug - 2:51

Hi Guys, good to meet you all. Here are a few pics from the weekend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9982253@N08/sets/72157624479518558/

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug - 21:02

A few???...

...there are loads!!!!...

...but some very nice ones, I must admit. i have had enough Icon_wink

Hope to see you next year for the main race. i have had enough Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Hippotastic

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep - 11:21

vette girl wrote:
Glad to see you still playing Dave i have had enough Icon_biggrin

Yes, still playing.

Dunno why though. Probably because I paid for three seasons as a runner. Its going okay atm, so all I can do it plod on and see what happens next season....

How are things over there?

David
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 13:14

Things are fine here, very busy but good.

The season's going good and bad...

bad : had a load of DNFs and out of all cups quite early

good : drivers gone up a few levels (my best is 39), and technical levels have gone up too

Ems alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i have had enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have had enough   i have had enough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i have had enough
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Le Mans Racers :: English :: Down the pub-
Jump to: