Le Mans Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum de l'alliance Le Mans Racers d'Ondarun v2, et surtout des passionnés des 24h du mans.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inOndarun 2
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Bad day for Xeno in real life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xenomorph

xenomorph

Bad day for Xeno in real life Empty
PostSubject: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 0:27

Well today wasnt my greatest day i must say, left my house to go do my offshore medical and just when i pulled onto the dual carrage way my car totally died on me, was gutted, ended up sitting there for 2 hours before my mate came and got me then towed my car back to my house, so i guess tomorrow i will go have some fault finding fun in the cold bbbrrrrr lol.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
Auto Union

Auto Union

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 0:41

Sorry to hear that Euan, you must be gutted. Hopefully its nothing too serious, but these things can be difficult to diagnose sometimes. Best of luck getting it sorted and with your medical Smile
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 0:45

Cheers Nevarn, yeah diagnosis is normally the worst thing on a car, once you know the problem you get the part and fit it lol. Well will keep me busy tomorrow i guess just hope it isnt too cold lol. Will get my medical done next week instead.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
vette girl

vette girl

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 13:03

Sorry to hear about your car Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_sad Have you found out what's wrong with it? I hope it's nothing too serious and that you can fix it quickly. Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_smile

Bad day for Xeno in real life Alien
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 13:07

Could be quite a few things to be honest. at the moment im resetting my ECU to get rid of the faults, then will run the car and see if any faults reappear. Should hopefully have a better idea later on as didnt have much chance on the car yesterday. Will keep u all informed Smile and thanks.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 15:24

I'm interested to see what it is!

(I'm wondering if it could be a Crank Position (Crank Angle) Sensor issue, but as you didn't say if it was able to be started again.

Still, as you said in chat the other night, it could be the Knock as well.

Anyway, best of luck man! Hope it at least gets warm enough that your hands don't go numb while working on it!
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 15:40

Well the car is still running just very rough and lack of power, since ECU has been reset, there is no fault codes coming up. But i did notice a banging\puffing noise that occurs every so often coming from near the turbo area, down the back of the engine i dont think it to be the Turbo itself but am beggining to wonder if my Catalytic converter has clogged up. I also dont think its coming from the engine, but finding a noise on a car can be annoying haha I know it will probably end up being a stupid thing that i have overlooked haha. Well its about 4 degrees at the moment, bit better than earlier when it was -4 lol. Any thoughts welcome and any questions just ask?

Xeno
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 16:52

xenomorph wrote:
Well the car is still running just very rough and lack of power, since ECU has been reset, there is no fault codes coming up. But i did notice a banging\puffing noise that occurs every so often coming from near the turbo area, down the back of the engine i dont think it to be the Turbo itself but am beggining to wonder if my Catalytic converter has clogged up. I also dont think its coming from the engine, but finding a noise on a car can be annoying haha I know it will probably end up being a stupid thing that i have overlooked haha. Well its about 4 degrees at the moment, bit better than earlier when it was -4 lol. Any thoughts welcome and any questions just ask?

Xeno

was a 93? What's the model and engine size?

Could you do me one small favor and check the vacuum hoses. That puffing noise is making me wonder if hose problem. And please please please check the plug wires. Sorry for the triple pleases, but I know that the Driver Side plugs can cause some serious missing and stalling (just my personal experience).

Last edited by cbshea13 on Wed 3 Feb - 17:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 16:59

Its a 93' WRX gc8 2.0 litre turbo. All hoses are connected havent found any damage on any hoses either so far. Will go look more and make sure. When it first happened i thought a hose had came off or blown but no sign.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 17:07

Hehe kk, am pulling out the old books now. But I'll check a few things. I was looking under the wrong vehicle (I couldn't remember the WRX part haha...kids driving me nuts this morning, they have snow delay here...*pulls out remaining hair*
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 17:19

Lol yeah i bet haha. Yeah thats cool cheers.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 19:24

Hey Chris remember i said the car wouldnt rev as the engine kept trying to die, well i let the car run a bit longer this time and when i tried revving it, it did this time Exclamation i revved it up a few times, still running rough obviously, when i looked at the back of the car there was alot of black soot on the ground, also very smelly inside the car with exhaust fumes. Im beggining to think a misfire again though haha, doesnt sound like it is running on all cylinders all the time, bad thing with a scooby though is they sound like that anyway haha. Wish these engines had more space.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
thegreyham

thegreyham

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 19:33

could one of your pistons stopped working?
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 19:45

if it was a problem with a Piston, it would be the oil control ring or something burned out, and that would/should cause piston slap, the noise i have been hearing doesnt sound like that and i dont think it occurs enough. Still no fault on the diagnostic but cant help feeling there is a sensor issue somewhere.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 22:13

xenomorph wrote:
Hey Chris remember i said the car wouldnt rev as the engine kept trying to die, well i let the car run a bit longer this time and when i tried revving it, it did this time Exclamation i revved it up a few times, still running rough obviously, when i looked at the back of the car there was alot of black soot on the ground, also very smelly inside the car with exhaust fumes. Im beggining to think a misfire again though haha, doesnt sound like it is running on all cylinders all the time, bad thing with a scooby though is they sound like that anyway haha. Wish these engines had more space.

Xeno

Wow. And I just got home, after 3 hours of hell in traffic lol. Well it's a start and my buddy gave me a list of 20 things to check on it, but the smell alone seems to take away 15 of them.

**The famous edit so I don't spam the board! lol.

EGR Valve...dirty? clean? If dirty Air Flow sensor(s) could be misreading causing miss.

02 (oxygen) sensor...could lead to the miss

Plugs and wires...obvious one here, if a plug is broken would lead to these problems. Wire, same thing, if it's torn/ripped or even not seated on the plug.

Into the Air/Fuel Sensors. and since we're on MSN, I won't continue.

Last edited by cbshea13 on Wed 3 Feb - 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb - 22:22

I will come on msn Smile

Xeno
Back to top Go down
Auto Union

Auto Union

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 0:11

I'm guessing its your ht leads.
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 0:23

I will keep u all informed of what the fault is. U guys should have bets hehe. Wont be working on my car again till friday though.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 0:16

By the way mate,

Tech Info

Main page of above link: http://www.northursalia.com/modifications/misc/wiring/wiring.html

That should lead you to some nice diagnostic info on your engine. Good luck tomorrow if you give it a go! Hope your weather is better than ours is expected to be.

Oh yes, weather tomorrow here: anywhere from 7 inches to 24 inches of snow. All they are reporting is "a substantial amount of snow."
Back to top Go down
xenomorph

xenomorph

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 0:49

Thanks very much Chris, some very handy info etc there. Yeah i should get a couple of hours 2moro on the car, plus got saturday aswell. Wish i got to do some stuff today, i hate it just sitting there.

Xeno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad day for Xeno in real life   Bad day for Xeno in real life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad day for Xeno in real life
Page 1 of 1